1 hr 10 mins
Lots of spice in this one, just as Bobby is known for. I clipped this out of our newspaper which credits Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium Spanish onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 (15 -16 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 jalapenos, chilies roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 poblano chile, chilie roasted, peeled and seeded
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1Heat olive in in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add carrot, onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- 3Add wine, bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half.
- 4Add beans and reduce heat to medium.
- 5Add chilies and broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Using a blender or food processor, puree half of the soup and return it to the pot.
- 8Bring to a simmer before serving.
- 9Top with garnishes such as finely chopped red onion, coarsely chopped avocado, diced tomatoes and sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bobby Flay's Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 22.6 g