1/1 Photo of Bobby Flay's Beer-Simmered Bratwurst
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large onions, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 lbs bratwursts, pricked with a fork (Bobby uses pre-cooked brats, but we get more flavor out of using uncooked, Johnsonville is our favor)
- 6 (12 ounce) bottles dark beer (we always use Sierra Nevada Pale Ale)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled & chopped (1-inch)
- bun, of your choice (or not)
- German mustard, of your choice (we prefer Honey Spice mustard)
- 1Arrange onion slices and garlic along the bottom of a medium stockpot.
- 2Place bratwurst on top and then add the beer, water, coriander, caraway, mustard seeds and ginger.
- 3Fire up the grill.
- 4Bring to a simmer over the grill grates or on a burner.
- 5We do it on the stove top, but you still need the grill to finish cooking the brats.
- 6Simmer the sausage in the mixture for about 10 minutes.
- 7Remove the pan from the heat and let the bratwursts sit in the liquid for 10 more minutes.
- 8Remove the sausages with tongs onto a platter.
- 9Place the bratwursts on the grill and grill until cooked through (about 10-15 minutes).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bobby Flay's Beer-Simmered Bratwurst
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.5
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 125.8 mg
- Sodium 1453.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: