Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
As seen on Iron Chef. Absolutely fantastic rub. I added another teaspoon of cayenne pepper, just 'cause I like it hot.
- 3 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 3 tablespoons ground pasilla chile powder
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon arbol chile
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Rub onto chicken and refridgerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Grill and enjoy.
We love this recipe! We've made it twice now and we always double it. We've given it away for presents as well! We have put it on more then just chicken and it was still really good. I highly recommend this especially if you like to grill a lot.
This gets an "A" in ease of preparation. Recipe makes a lot so it will be ready for the next couple of times. Taste was ok but not out of this world. Not sure if I'll make again, even though I have plenty of the spice rub left. Just didn't work for me.