Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are rich, brown sugary blondies from Throwdown with Bobby Flay.
Make and share this Bobby Flay Throwdown Blondies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, plus butter for pan
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light muscovado sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark muscovado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup toffee pieces, plus
- 2 tablespoons toffee pieces
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped toasted almond
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and line a 9 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan with parchment paper, allowing a 2-inch overhang. Butter the lining too.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan; add both sugars and whisk until combined and sugar is melted, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and let cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined. Add the flour and whisk until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips, toffee chips and almonds and transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 24 to 27 minutes or until the top cracks slightly and is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the center comes out with moist pieces clinging to it. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely. Remove the bars from the pan using the parchment handles, transfer to a cutting board and cut into 2-inch squares.