Recipe by SoupCookie
Does anyone know how to make this cake work? The recipe is missing a step. I attempted this thing and it turned out terribly......Who wants to tackle this?!?!?!
Top Review by Crazy about recipes!
Go to Food Network.com look under Chef's, type in desserts under Bobby Flay and you will find the recipe complete. Enjoy! I made it and it turned out well, very tasty.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for pans
- 1 cup good quality Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons good quality Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups muscavado light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups strongly brewed black coffee, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 2 (9-inch) cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Melt the 12 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the cocoa powder and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the sugars and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add the coffee, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract and continue whisking until smooth and just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pans and bake on the middle rack until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 42 minutes. Let cool in the pans on a baking rack for 20 minutes. Then invert the cakes onto the baking rack and let cool for at least 1 hour before frosting.