Recipe by GingerlyJ
celebrity chef Bobby Deen has eaten some of the best cuisine around the world, yet he say's this simple ground beef dish is his favorite meal ever
Top Review by jimbob67
This is delicious, but I can't understand recipes like this. It is SIMILAR to Bobby's (or Paula's), but neither, at least in their original versions, used TURKEY!
Why change a major part of a recipe and try to pass it off as the real thing? I'll just have beef in mine, thanks.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, saute the ground beef and ground turkey over medium-high heat, until no pink remains. Break up meat while sauteing; spoon off any grease. Add the onions to the pot and saute until they are tender about 5 minutes. Add 3 cups water, along with the tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, House Seasoning, and seasoned salt. Stir well. Place a lid on the pot and allow this to cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the elbow macaroni, stir well, return the lid to the pot, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaves and allow the mixture to sit about 30 minutes more before serving.