Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful homemade bread! I got this from my sister Bobbi Jo and every time she makes it I don't want store bought bread ever again!
- Place first five ingredients into your mixer bowl in order, making sure the water is not too hot. It should be a step above lukewarm.
- Use a wire whip attachment to whip until blended then let sit for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add the next six ingredients (including vital wheat gluten) and continue mixing with the wire whip until blended.
- Switch to dough hook and add the four cups of white flour.
- Mix on speed 2 for 1-2 minutes then speed 1 for 6 minutes to knead it.
- Place on a spray greased surface and knead into a ball.
- Place into a greased bowl and cover with wax paper sprayed with oil, then let it sit til doubled in size 30-45 minutes.
- Gently push down and let it rise again.
- Remove from bowl onto greased surface and divide into 5 pieces and shape each piece into a loaf.
- If you want to freeze some, now is the time. Place formed loaf on cookie sheet in freezer and after its frozen place in freezer bag. When you take it out cover with sprayed wax paper and let raise 2-3 hours.
- Place each loaf in a greased bread pan and poke holes in top with a fork.
- Let sit for approximately 30 minutes. When bread is about 1 inch above top of bread pan bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.