2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Loves To Cook but NOT clean up's Note:
A wonderful homemade bread! I got this from my sister Bobbi Jo and every time she makes it I don't want store bought bread ever again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place first five ingredients into your mixer bowl in order, making sure the water is not too hot. It should be a step above lukewarm.
- 2Use a wire whip attachment to whip until blended then let sit for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 3Add the next six ingredients (including vital wheat gluten) and continue mixing with the wire whip until blended.
- 4Switch to dough hook and add the four cups of white flour.
- 5Mix on speed 2 for 1-2 minutes then speed 1 for 6 minutes to knead it.
- 6Place on a spray greased surface and knead into a ball.
- 7Place into a greased bowl and cover with wax paper sprayed with oil, then let it sit til doubled in size 30-45 minutes.
- 8Gently push down and let it rise again.
- 9Remove from bowl onto greased surface and divide into 5 pieces and shape each piece into a loaf.
- 10If you want to freeze some, now is the time. Place formed loaf on cookie sheet in freezer and after its frozen place in freezer bag. When you take it out cover with sprayed wax paper and let raise 2-3 hours.
- 11Place each loaf in a greased bread pan and poke holes in top with a fork.
- 12Let sit for approximately 30 minutes. When bread is about 1 inch above top of bread pan bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bobbi's Homemade Bread
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 70
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.1
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten