Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my mother's recipe
- Do not preheat oven.
- Cream together the butter, crisco and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Beat well after each egg.
- Add alternately the flour, milk and vanilla.
- Mix well after each addition.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Put in cold over, turn the oven to 350
- Cook at 350 one hour and 20 minutes.
This is the same pound cake recipe that I have been baking for 27 years+ and it is DELICIOUS! The only changes I made to the recipe which I add with the vanilla, 1 tsp. lemon extract and 1 tsp. coconut extract. This cake is my biggest seller during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season. Thanks for posting! P.S. There is an ingredient missing after the butter and I believe it is 1/2 cup shortening.