Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Our family friend has been making this for years and it is a big hit at her famous NYC Marathon parties! It's nice at a brunch. This recipe can be easily cut in half, just use an 8 X 8 X 2 inch baking dish. Mamma Mia!
- 32 french-style ladyfinger cookies
- 10 egg yolks
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese (smooth)
- 2 pints heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 1 cup espresso coffee, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Quickly dip 16 cookies in espresso and place on bottom of a 9 X 12 X 2 inch baking dish.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until frothy.
- Add mascarpone cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Add wine and blend.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff and fold into egg and cheese mixture.
- Pour half of the mixture over the cookies.
- Dip the other 16 cookies in the espresso and place over the custard.
- Cover with the rest of the egg and cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with powdered cocoa and enjoy!