Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I LOVE raspberry iced tea when it's not too sweet... this is the result of my tweaking efforts during the summer of 2010... Enjoy! This recipe requires a clean 1 gallon non-reactive container for storage.
- 9 tea bags (9 regular size or 3 family size hot brew tea bags, I prefer Lipton)
- 1 cup sugar (heaping)
- 1 quart boiling water
- 3 quarts cold water (or ice and water)
- 3⁄8 cup raspberry flavored syrup (I use a brand named DaVinci)
- Boil 1 quart of water, remove from heat, add tea bags and steep for 20 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, place sugar in 1 gallon container.
- After steeping is complete, drain tea bags back into tea and discard bags.
- Add hot steeped tea to sugar in 1 gallon container and stir well (until all the sugar dissolves).
- Add about 3 quarts of cold/ice water to 1 gallon container, (leave a little room for the syrup) -- stir well.
- Last, add 3/8 cup raspberry syrup to entire mixture and stir well. (Adding the syrup to the 1 quart of concentrated hot tea earlier results in a slight bitterness I did not like).
- Place in refrigerator until well chilled, serve over ice -- Enjoy!