Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is quick and so delicious--everyone loves it and thinks it is a very special recipe!
- 1 Red Delicious apple, cored and diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1⁄8 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Flake tuna.
- Add to diced apple, onion and celery in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add 1/8 - 1/4 cup mayonnaise to bind.
- Add 1/2 - 1 tsp [a splash or so] of red wine vinegar.
- Chill in refrigerator 2 hours [or quick chill in freezer for 20 minutes or so].
- Kids love this, everyone loves this -.
Yummy tuna salad with the added sweetness of apple! I used a honeycrisp apple and my mayo was the regular type. This is very easy to make and uses things I always have in the house. I sprinkled with a bit of curry powder and that was fabulous. Thanx!
Used Hellman's and a golden crisp apple. I think the Red Wine vinegar makes this special. It was liked by everyone that tried it from teens to adults.