Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another addition to Recipezaar from my celebrity recipe collection. Enjoy!
Make and share this Bob Newhart's Carrot Mold recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Place in greased 6-cup ring mold.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven about 45 minutes; unmold.
- Serve on platter with cooked green peas in center.
- Note: Bob Newhart's wife, Ginnie, comments,"I usually make 3 or 4 of these, one to use and others to freeze; my family love it.
- "Thering looks pretty with a green vegetable; great with poultry, beef or fish".
I made this as part of Worldwide Recipezaar Day! Great recipe! I grated the carrots with the steel knife in the food processor and then just threw in the remaining ingredients to get mixed in with the carrots. I added some cinnamon, and it was declared a success by everyone. There was just enough left for me to take to work for lunch the next day. Thanks Lennie!
Well I would actually call this a kugel, but it doesn't really matter because it tastes great. I have eaten this recipe twice and for the first time actually got a chance to make it. I threw it all in the food processor and it was ready in no time at all. I found that it came out very low in my tube pan so next time if I was using my tube pan I would double the recipe or if I was making only one recipe, I would just put it in a square pan and serve it in squares. P.S. My kids loved it too!
Very easy and impressive dish. Great colours with the green peas in the center and around the carrots. Almost a cake like texture but good.