My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped (1 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Cook onion, garlic, and bell peppers in oil 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, and crushed red pepper. Heat to boiling.
- 4Reduce heat; simmer 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in olives.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bob Greene's Pepper and Olive Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 237.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g