- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped (1 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion, garlic, and bell peppers in oil 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, and crushed red pepper. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in olives.