Lisanne :)'s Note:
Got this recipe from Rachael Ray's web site from Bob Greene, Oprah's trainer. "Lasagna, without cheese? You may be skeptical but this dish is pure comfort food -- with less fat and cholesterol, and fewer calories. You don't even need to precook the lasagna noodles! This is a great recipe to make ahead, store and reheat before serving. You can also make this with *rotini."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup marinara sauce, store- bought such as Barilla
- 4 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups spinach, washed thoroughly
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, sliced and chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Coat a 9-inch square or a 10x8" pan with cooking spray.
- 3Combine the almonds, walnuts, onion, garlic, basil, nutmeg, salt, pepper and water in a food processor and process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- 4Spread 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the pan. Cover with half of the uncooked noodles, spinach, tomatoes and nut mixture. Repeat the layers again and transfer to oven.
- 5Bake for 50 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 6For baked rotini, use 4 ounces fiber-enriched or high-fiber rotini, such as Barilla Plus or Barilla Whole Grain (four ounces is about 1 heaping cup dry).
- 7Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- 8In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the marinara sauce.
- 9Cover the bottom of the pan with 1/2 cup marinara sauce, top with the pasta mixture and finish with the remaining 1/2 cup marinara sauce.
- 10Bake for 40 minutes, until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bob Greene's No-Cheese Vegetable Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.7
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 452.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g