Recipe by Felix4067
Hot punch is a nice alternative for a Halloween party, when weather is turning cooler. This can be served as-is, or add a little vodka or schnapps for an "adult" twist.
- 5 oranges
- 62 whole cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks (2-inch)
- 3 quarts orange juice
- 1 quart apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Stud each orange with 10 whole cloves; place in baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 3 hours.
- Combine sugar, water, 12 whole cloves and cinnamon in sauce pan.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon from pan.
- Add juices; heat.
- Pour into heatproof punch bowl.
- Float baked oranges in punch.