Recipe by Shrek278
Biscuits very much like the delicious ones at Bob Evans
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, super biscuits Shrek278. These little babies were the bomb. So light, tender, fluffy and tasty. I love buttermilk biscuits and these do not disappoint. They were perfect, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I served them with butter and homemade strawberry compote for a delicious lunch treat. Thank you so much for sharing this quick and easy to make recipe, which I have included in my Favorites Cookbook for 2012. Kudos. Made for My 3 Chefs - 2012.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425f or 220c.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour and baking soda.
- With a pastry blender or two knives cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.Make a well in center. Add the buttermilk all at once; stir until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead dough by gently folding and pressing dough 10 to 12 strokes or until nearly smooth.
- Pat or lightly roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits 1 to 2 inches apart on a lightly buttered baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove biscuits from baking sheet and serve hot.