Biscuits very much like the delicious ones at Bob Evans
Make and share this Bob Evans Style Buttermilk Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425f or 220c.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour and baking soda.
- With a pastry blender or two knives cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.Make a well in center. Add the buttermilk all at once; stir until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead dough by gently folding and pressing dough 10 to 12 strokes or until nearly smooth.
- Pat or lightly roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits 1 to 2 inches apart on a lightly buttered baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove biscuits from baking sheet and serve hot.
Wow, super biscuits Shrek278. These little babies were the bomb. So light, tender, fluffy and tasty. I love buttermilk biscuits and these do not disappoint. They were perfect, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I served them with butter and homemade strawberry compote for a delicious lunch treat. Thank you so much for sharing this quick and easy to make recipe, which I have included in my Favorites Cookbook for 2012. Kudos. Made for My 3 Chefs - 2012.
Awesome biscuits!!! They are so easy yet taste so great. I made them as written, with the exception of adding 2 tablespoons chopped chives, which gives a very nice mild onion flavor. I got 11 nice sized biscuits. Thanks for sharing this great recipe Shrek!! Made for Spring 2013 PAC.