Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe came to me in an email today regarding a new copycat recipe. " Pancakes baked with pecans and sliced fresh bananas, covered in a warm, caramel sauce." Secret Recipe Tips - Be sure to let the pecans and bananas show for a nice presentation. For a more intense flavor, use a banana-flavored pudding in place of vanilla. For a completely different variation, add chocolate chips and serve with chocolate or fudge topping. Source: "America's Secret Recipes" by Ron Douglas (Coming Soon)
Top Review by Timothy H.
I had these over the weekend at Bob Evans, these pancakes are supper sweet and rich! There is a wonderful taste with the combination of pecans and caramel sauce. The whip on top melts as you eat the pancake.OOOO yes, I forgot the banana that is warmed in the middle!These are a big sweet 5 star rating.
- 2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup pancake batter, prepared, for 2 pancakes
- 2 tablespoons honey-roasted pecans
- 1 banana, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Make Vanilla Cream Cheese mixture: Mix vanilla pudding with cream cheese until well blended and creamy (no lumps). Cover and refrigerate immediately. This mixture will store (covered) in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Prepare pancake batter and preheat griddle. Ladle batter onto hot griddle and sprinkle evenly with pecans and banana slices. When they bubble and edges are dry, flip to cook second side.
- When done, place pancake on plate, top with 4 tablespoons Vanilla.
- Cream Cheese mixture and top with second pancake. Ladle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with whipped topping.