Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe off of a recipe card at Bob Evans years ago and have kept it in my recipe collection. It is a yummy twist on a favorite of mine and is very easy to make!
- 1 lb hot sausage, Bob Evans roll
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 16 ounces sauerkraut, drained, dried and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1 lb rye bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- In medium skillet crumble and brown sausage with onions over medium heat.
- Drain drippings, remove sausage mixture from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add sauerkraut, mayo, ketchup, mustard and cheese. Mix together well.
- Spread approximately 1/3 cup filling on each bread slice until mixture is finished; cover with second slice to make sandwiches.
- Lightly butter the outside of each sandwich and brown on griddle over medium heat until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
- Top with Thousand Island dressing if you like, or serve as is!