Recipe by Cookin In Texas
Peanut Butter Pie
Top Review by Watkinslady30
OMG, this was so good. Not too sweet, I was craving some Bob Evans Peanut Butter Pie when I found this. This is similar to what I remember. I top it with chopped, peanut butter cups instead. You can also freeze this and let it thaw out to serve guests at a later time, if you prefer. I had to so I didn't eat it all myself. You can make some substitutions on the ingredients, if you want to cut back on fat and sugar. You can place this in the refrigerator for about 2 hours instead of an hour in the freezer to set up. I am adding this to my menu. Lucky you, I love old recipe boxes and cookbooks, wish I could find more things like that! Thanks for posting!
- 1 (9 inch) cooked pie crusts
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk, cold
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together pudding and cold milk until creamy.
- Add whipped, whipping cream and peanut butter.
- Mix well.
- Pour into baked pie crust,.
- Top with Cool Whip whipped.
- Freeze for 1 hour until set.
- Top with chocolate shavings and nuts chill till ready to serve.