Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Taken from Bob Evans website Mushrooms and spinach combine with eggs, sausage and cheese for an elegant and easy start to the holidays.
- 1 lb pork sausage (Bob Evans Original Recipe Roll)
- 2 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- fresh herb (optional)
- carrot, strips (optional)
- picante sauce (optional)
- Spread croutons on bottom of greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain. Spread over croutons.
- Whisk eggs and milk in bowl until blended. Stir in soup, spinach, mushrooms, cheeses and mustard.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and croutons.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Bake egg mixture 50-55 minutes or until set and lightly browned on top.
- Garnish with herb sprigs and carrot, if desired. Serve hot with picante sauce, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.