Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Taken from Bob Evans website Mushrooms and spinach combine with eggs, sausage and cheese for an elegant and easy start to the holidays.
- 1 lb pork sausage (Bob Evans Original Recipe Roll)
- 2 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- fresh herb (optional)
- carrot, strips (optional)
- picante sauce (optional)
- Spread croutons on bottom of greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain. Spread over croutons.
- Whisk eggs and milk in bowl until blended. Stir in soup, spinach, mushrooms, cheeses and mustard.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and croutons.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Bake egg mixture 50-55 minutes or until set and lightly browned on top.
- Garnish with herb sprigs and carrot, if desired. Serve hot with picante sauce, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.