Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I used to go to Bob Evans Restaurants when I was little. This was my favorite soup. I had to look all over for the copycat recipe. It's pretty close!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 cups whole milk, plus
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canfull whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 7 medium potatoes, diced and boiled
- Add soup, 1/2 can broth, 1 can milk and stir.
- Add cheese and milk.
- Stir in corn starth to the rest of broth, then add to soup.
- Add spices and butter.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add boiled potatoes and simmer 15 minutes more.
- Top with chives and bacon bits.
- *For best results, chill soup and reheat.
My daughter liked this, and she is a picky eater.
This was the first time I have tried to make potato soup and it was so easy to make! It taste amazing. It was nice and thick and cheesy.
Very thin followed recipe any ideas