1/1 Photo of Bob Chinn's Garlic Rolls
Hey Jude's Note:
Bob Chinn's is a popular seafood restaurant in the Chicago area that is famous for it's garlic rolls. Everyone gets a basket of these as soon as they sit down. While I've not tried making this recipe, I've eaten the rolls many times. They are decadent, addicting and not for dieters! This recipe was printed in the Chicago Sun-Times several years ago. ****disclaimer on the photo: Those ARE Bob Chinn's garlic rolls but I did not make them, I just photographed, then ate them (at the restaurant).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place garlic cloves in pie pan or small roasting pan.
- 2Drizzle 2 T olive oil over the garlic cloves and roast in a preheated 400°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven and cool.
- 4Remove skins, mince roasted garlic and set aside.
- 5In a small saucepan over low heat, combine remaining olive oil and corn oil; heat until warm but not hot, about 180°F.
- 6Remove from heat, add reserved garlic and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- 7Wrap rolls in aluminum foil and place in a preheated 400°F oven until rolls are crispy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 8Transfer rolls to a colander or strainer set on a baking sheet.
- 9Pour reserved garlic-oil over the rolls so they are well-coated.
- 10Transfer rolls to a wax-paper lined basket, sprinkle with salt, oregano and parsley.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bob Chinn's Garlic Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.6
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 319.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g