Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine. Serves 4 as a main course, more as a side. I used less red onion and garlic than called for.
- 1 lb tri-color fusilli
- 3 bell peppers, cut into strips (yellow, red and green)
- 6 ounces grape tomatoes, halved (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and transfer to a baking sheet to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together the bell peppers, tomatoes, olives, artichokes, onion, garlic, olive oil and vinegar.
- Add the pasta, basil and lemon juice and toss again.
- Season to taste with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.