Recipe by Demelza
These pecans are as close as I can come to the ones topping a salad at Boatwrights Restaurant, Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort. When you try a dish at any of the Disney restaurants you can ask the chef for the recipe. Some are actually preprinted, this one wasn't. I was given the ingredients & quantities to make this, but it was such a large amount that I had to try to reduce it. The original amounts called for 6 oz each of all the spices. I didn't get any instructions either. I have made these using the syrup method, & just melting the butter & tossing all the ingredients together. I think the syrup method is best. I love these nuts garnishing a salad or just to eat as is.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how hot you want them)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter & brown sugar in a large heavy pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cinnamon, chili, & cayenne.
- Add nuts, stir to coat.
- Pour on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 20 - 30 minutes, till no longer syrupy, stir once or twice while baking.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cool & store in airtight container.