Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
From one of the best restaurants in Seattle, known for their pickles and sauces. Goes beautifully with rice pudding, bread pudding, ice cream or just by the spoonful. Good both warm and cold.From Seattle Celebrated Chefs 2.
- 1 lb fresh blackberries or 1 lb frozen blackberrie
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine ingredients in a small heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened and yummy smelling, about 20 minutes.
- Remove to a bowl and let cool.
- Remove rosemary sprig and serve.