Recipe by swimmer175
Delicious, tangy, sandwichs, and very easy! Put together before you leave for work, and when you come home, aromatic beef sandwichs await you. Hope you like it!
Top Review by Cindy-in-the-Kitchen
Excellent & delicious! I only made 2 changes--1 used 1 envelope of onion soup mix in place of the medium onion, and I skipped the extra garlic. This turned the roast into the most delicious sandwiches ever. Thank you for sharing this.
- 3 lbs rump roast, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers, sliced (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 large rolls, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef and onion in a 3-1/2 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add water, pepper juice, salad dressing mix, and peppers.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until beef is VerY tender.
- Slice or shred beef, serve on rolls and top with peppers and onions.
- Enjoy! :).