Recipe by Lelandra
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons sifted cake flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, at room temp (2 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour three 3" x 5" mini loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons of the cake flour with the cornstarch and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, using and electric mixer beat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup plus 2 table spoons of the butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and the lemon extract for about 5 minutes or until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and adding 2 to 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture with the last egg; the mixture may seem curdled. Beat for 3 or 4 minutes or until creamy again.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the remaining flour mixture until thoroughly incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, with a fork mix together the remaining 1/4 sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and 3/4 teaspoons vanilla. Add the remaining 1/2 cup flour and mix until crumbly.
- Fill the prepared loaf pans with the crumb cake batter and sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake the crumb cake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the middle of the cake springs back when touched lightly or a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.