Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Barbara Ruth McGowan is the cook at Miss Mary Bobo's in Lynchburg, TN who specializes in cooking meat entrees. Here is her take on meatloaf.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons green peppers (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients for meatloaf.
- Place into greased 9x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Pour off juice and bake about 10 minutes longer.
- Place on platter and cover with sauce.
- For sauce simmer all ingredients over low heat until onion and pepper are tender.
I don't care for meatloaf but this one is outstanding!!!! ***** Five stars!!!
Easy to make, however, I prefer to brush on sauce after pouring off juice.