Recipe by Potluck
Enticingly tangy lemon pecan bread, served at a restaurant,where the owner(Dennis Smith) made the bread himself.He revealed his recipe and its become one of my favorites.Makes 4 large loaves.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
This is a great recipe. Makes a very moist sweet bread. I quarted the recipe and still ended up with two loaves ( small) I made this for the :My 3 Chefs fall 2008" challenge. Thanks for a yummy recipe
- 709.77 ml butter
- 1182.95 ml sugar
- 12 eggs
- 2129.31 ml flour
- 44.37 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 709.77 ml buttermilk
- 4 lemons (GRATED RIND,SAVE THE JUICE)
- 2 oranges (GRATED RIND)
- 473.18 ml pecans
- 354.88 ml sugar (FOR GLAZE)
Directions See How It's Made
- CREAM BUTTER AND SUGAR.
- BEAT IN EGGS.
- ADD DRY INGREDIENTS WITH BUTTERMILK.
- ADD LEMON AND ORANGE RIND AND JUICE FROM 2 LEMONS.
- CHOP PECANS AND STIR INTO BATTER.
- POUR INTO 4 GREASED LOAF PANS.
- BAKE 350 DEGREES FOR 1 1/4 HOURS.
- Mix remaining sugar with juice from 2 lemons.
- Glaze bread while warm.