Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Enticingly tangy lemon pecan bread, served at a restaurant,where the owner(Dennis Smith) made the bread himself.He revealed his recipe and its become one of my favorites.Makes 4 large loaves.
- 3 cups butter
- 5 cups sugar
- 12 eggs
- 9 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 4 lemons (GRATED RIND,SAVE THE JUICE)
- 2 oranges (GRATED RIND)
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (FOR GLAZE)
- CREAM BUTTER AND SUGAR.
- BEAT IN EGGS.
- ADD DRY INGREDIENTS WITH BUTTERMILK.
- ADD LEMON AND ORANGE RIND AND JUICE FROM 2 LEMONS.
- CHOP PECANS AND STIR INTO BATTER.
- POUR INTO 4 GREASED LOAF PANS.
- BAKE 350 DEGREES FOR 1 1/4 HOURS.
- Mix remaining sugar with juice from 2 lemons.
- Glaze bread while warm.
This is a great recipe. Makes a very moist sweet bread. I quarted the recipe and still ended up with two loaves ( small) I made this for the :My 3 Chefs fall 2008" challenge. Thanks for a yummy recipe