Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Enticingly tangy lemon pecan bread, served at a restaurant,where the owner(Dennis Smith) made the bread himself.He revealed his recipe and its become one of my favorites.Makes 4 large loaves.
- CREAM BUTTER AND SUGAR.
- BEAT IN EGGS.
- ADD DRY INGREDIENTS WITH BUTTERMILK.
- ADD LEMON AND ORANGE RIND AND JUICE FROM 2 LEMONS.
- CHOP PECANS AND STIR INTO BATTER.
- POUR INTO 4 GREASED LOAF PANS.
- BAKE 350 DEGREES FOR 1 1/4 HOURS.
- Mix remaining sugar with juice from 2 lemons.
- Glaze bread while warm.
This is a great recipe. Makes a very moist sweet bread. I quarted the recipe and still ended up with two loaves ( small) I made this for the :My 3 Chefs fall 2008" challenge. Thanks for a yummy recipe