This a a great biscuit recipe from Art Smith (O Magazine, Oprah fame).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F.
- 2Whisk dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- 3Using pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly with a few pea-size pieces of butter.
- 4Stir in enough of the buttermilk to make a soft, sticky dough.
- 5Turn out onto a lightly flourd surface.
- 6Quick knead dough just until it comes together being careful not to overknead.
- 7Roll out dough until it is 1/2-inch thick.
- 8Using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 9Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- 10Variations: Biscuits with Cheddar, Chives and Pepper--after you have cut butter into mixture, add 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives and 1/2 teaspoon coarsly cracked black pepper.
- 11Mix gently, then stir in the buttermilk.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boarding House Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.8
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 215.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g