Recipe by Gingernut
From Cooking Light, 12 years ago or so. I make this in a trifle bowl. Delicious. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 6 cups angel food cake, cut in 1-inch cubes (10 oz.)
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packages instant cappuccino mix (vanilla, like Maxwell House)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed (lite)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- raspberry puree (see below)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry (optional)
Raspberry Puree Ingredients
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed and undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Tiramisu Directions:.
- Place angel food cake cubes in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Combine cappuccino mix and hot water in a small bowl; pour over cubes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat at high speed with mixer until fluffy, about 2 minute Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread cheese mixture over cake cubes. Sift cocoa over cheese mixture. Chill for 1 hour. Serve topped with Raspberry Puree. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
- Raspberry Puree Directions:.
- Place ingredients in blender and mix until smooth. Makes 1 1/2 cups (serving size = 2 Tbsp.).