Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A refreshing summer meal and great for an outdoor party as it has no mayonnaise. Found this in a magazine about twenty years ago and it has been a family favorite ever since. My daughter doesn't like fresh tomatoes so I have substituted diced red bell pepper and that was delicious too. We use frozen salmon filets from Costco.
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 lb red new potato, diced and blanched
- 1 cup fresh peas, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1. Poach or microwave the salmon filets until tender. Flake with fork.
- 2. Trim and discard tough ends of asparagus and cut into 1" pieces. Blanch about 2-3 minutes until just barely tender.
- 3. Blanch potatoes and peas for a minute or so until just tender. Potatoes should lose their starch but still have a little crunch to them.
- 4. Add all ingredients together except asparagus, salmon and pasta and toss and allow to marinate until pasta is cooked.
- 5. Boil pasta till al dente according to package directions. Drain and toss with dressing and vegetables. Gently fold in salmon and asparagus just before serving. Serve at room temperature. (Leftovers are good cold too.).