Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicate floral notes enhance this blushing mimosa cocktail! Lovely addition to a special occasion holiday breakfast/brunch.
- 9 ounces sparkling wine or 9 ounces champagne, chilled
- 3 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon rose water (culinary)
- 1 maraschino cherry, to decorate
- For Each Serving:.
- In a pretty cocktail glass, stir together the first 4 ingredients.
- Top up with ice and decorate with a cherry.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: You may substitute lemon-lime soda for the champagne.
After searching all of the Mimosa recipes on Zaar, I decided this would be perfect for Mother's Day Brunch. I used 1 bottle of champagne, 10 oz. (plus an additional "splash) of "Simply Orange" OJ without pulp, and 1 TBSP of Grenadine. I didn't have rose water, but next time, I will get some. I had enough to fill 5 champagne flutes with a little leftover for a "top off" for everyone. I chilled the glasses and added crushed ice. I had trouble floating the cherry on top of the ice. It kept sinking. This was excellent and not a drop was left! Thanks for sharing! Be sure to check out the pictures :)