Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious, refreshing, and different. A great change from the standard lemonade. Makes a fantastic summertime sipper on those sweltering days in the sun!! Cooking time is time to chill.
- 5 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 to 7 lemons)
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 teaspoons rose water (use the lesser amount for a more subtle flavor)
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat, stirring just until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add to pitcher and stir in lemon juice.
- Add rose water to taste.
- Chill well before serving.
Easy, but a nice twist of lemonade. I cook with rose water now and then, so I really enjoy the flavor. Nice twist of lemonade. I made it for a LEMON PARTY I had tonight and we added a little enhancement ... to the lemonade, but it was still very good as is. Not a drop was left I can say that. Thx for a nice twist and easy recipe.
The description of this drink is right on the mark. It is so refreshing and delicious. I made some up after a particularly hot dog walk. I was instantlly refreshed. This brings lemonade to a whole new level!
This is delicious! I've tried it with limes and lemons. I think it's best with lemons, or at least avoid limes that don't juice easily (seem hard/tough) because they may be tart and will need more sugar.