Recipe by Southern Polar Bear
An exciting combination of flavors skillfully blended together to turn an old classic into a new one!
Top Review by Merlot
This was a hit when I had a couple of girlfriends over for the afternoon. Everyone asked for the recipe. We all felt that the almond extract was a very nice touch. Definitely a keeper, Southern Polar Bear. I'll be making this over and over again.
- 1 (9 inch) double crust pie crusts
- 6 cups peeled sliced peaches (about 12-14 peaches)
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry puree
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca flour or 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, raspberry syrup, tapioca flour, sugar, salt, and almond extract.
- Roll out half the pastry to a 13"-circle and fit it into a 9" pie pan.
- Spoon the filling into the shell.
- Top with the other piece of rolled-out crust, making a lattice top if desired.
- Sprinkle with 2TBSP. sugar.
- If not using a lattice top, cut several vents in the top crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and bake for an additional 35-50 minutes, until the crust is golden and the juices are bubbling.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- The most effective way to peel ripe peaches is to drop them in boiling water for 30 seconds and then into ice water. Peel and proceed with the recipe!