Recipe by Dib's
I had lost this recipe ages ago, and finally found it! This is an awsome jam worthy of gift giving.
Top Review by GelB
To all the folks changing the sugar/fruit ratio. Your jam will not set properly. You will either have an extreme soft set or a very hard rubbery set. The process of making jam is exact and the recipe really should never be altered.
- 473.18 ml crushed peaches
- 473.18 ml red raspberries, crushed
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 1656.13 ml granulated sugar
- 226.79 g liquid pectin
- 4.92 ml almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- To peeled, pitted, and crushed peaches add 2 T.lemon juice.
- Let stand while preparing raspberries.
- Crush raspberries and add remaining 2 T. lemon juice.
- Combine peaches and raspberries with sugar in a heavy kettle.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add pectin.
- Stir well and skim off foam.
- Add the almond extract and stir well again.
- Pour into clean, hot, sterile jars.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet sea level.