Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
I had lost this recipe ages ago, and finally found it! This is an awsome jam worthy of gift giving.
- 2 cups crushed peaches
- 2 cups red raspberries, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 7 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces liquid pectin
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- To peeled, pitted, and crushed peaches add 2 T.lemon juice.
- Let stand while preparing raspberries.
- Crush raspberries and add remaining 2 T. lemon juice.
- Combine peaches and raspberries with sugar in a heavy kettle.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add pectin.
- Stir well and skim off foam.
- Add the almond extract and stir well again.
- Pour into clean, hot, sterile jars.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet sea level.
To all the folks changing the sugar/fruit ratio. Your jam will not set properly. You will either have an extreme soft set or a very hard rubbery set. The process of making jam is exact and the recipe really should never be altered.
First jam I've ever made & it was great tasting. I had to google "how to make jam" for the basics & followed the instructions on it to allow the jam to sit 5 minutes before putting in the jars to avoid floating fruit. Seems to have worked!
Delicious jam, but calls for way too much sugar. I used 4 cups, and it was just the right amount of sweetness. 7 cups would have made it sickly sweet. Otherwise, absolutely delicious combination of flavors!