Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
I had lost this recipe ages ago, and finally found it! This is an awsome jam worthy of gift giving.
- 2 cups crushed peaches
- 2 cups red raspberries, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 7 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces liquid pectin
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- To peeled, pitted, and crushed peaches add 2 T.lemon juice.
- Let stand while preparing raspberries.
- Crush raspberries and add remaining 2 T. lemon juice.
- Combine peaches and raspberries with sugar in a heavy kettle.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add pectin.
- Stir well and skim off foam.
- Add the almond extract and stir well again.
- Pour into clean, hot, sterile jars.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet sea level.
To all the folks changing the sugar/fruit ratio. Your jam will not set properly. You will either have an extreme soft set or a very hard rubbery set. The process of making jam is exact and the recipe really should never be altered.
Excellent! Cut the sugar down, it set beautifully. Gorgeous color in the jars. Thanks for posting.
First jam I've ever made & it was great tasting. I had to google "how to make jam" for the basics & followed the instructions on it to allow the jam to sit 5 minutes before putting in the jars to avoid floating fruit. Seems to have worked!