beautiful, tropical, and delicious!!! a friend helped me find this recipe off the net. cooking time does not include time for water to boil in water bath canner.
- Mix peaches, bananas, cherries, and lemon juice into a large saucepan.
- Mix pectin into fruit in pan.
- Stir and cook over high heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil (one that can't be stirred down).
- Add and stir in the sugar.
- Bring to a full rolling boil once again.
- Stir constantly and boil. Boil rapidly for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off foam.
- Stir and skim for about 5 minutes allowing mixture to cool slightly and prevent floating fruit.
- Ladle into sterilized canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Make sure jar rims are clean and cover with two piece metal lids and rings.
- Hot water bath for 5 minutes.
I would give this 20 stars if I could! What a beautiful and totally delicious jam. I followed the recipe quantities but used peaches I froze last summer, also frozen strawberries, and fresh ripe bananas (ripe but not brown). I partially thawed the frozen fruit, then pureed in a food processor, added the banana and then transferred the cold puree to the cooking pot and added the pectin. Brought the mixture to boiling, stirred in the sugar, then boiled (full rolling boil) for 2 minutes before filling jars. The flavor and color are amazing. It tastes very peachy and the banana provides a creaminess but not so much flavor. I love this recipe and will make another batch or two for Christmas gifts! Thanks so much for the recipe!
The texture is great, tastes wonderful with peanut butter! It kind of reminds me of the way banana baby food tastes. I replace the cherries with strawberries! Thanks
what a wonderful jam. It goes fast and I am on my third batch, once people taste it they want a jar to take home. Peanut butter sandwiches is making a come back at my house.