Recipe by GlutenFreeGirl
Apples soaked up in jello, what else is there to say, except YUM! This recipe came from my KRAFT magazine that I recive. As soon as I saw this recipe I knew that it would be heavenly... not only was it heavenly but it was easy to make.I tried one apple warm and it was very delicious, but I preferred the refrigerated one best. However I found that the warm apple and the chilled apple were almost like 2 different treats... making this an even better recipe. Let me know which you liked best!
Top Review by DoveChocolatierinKY
I have been making this recipe myself since the Kraft catalogue came to my home. I absolutely love it. Not to mention it is SO simple, delicious and does make the house smell wonderful. Can't beat it! Thanks for posting it!
- 2 (85 g) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups water
- 4 medium apples, your favorite type (I used mcintosh)
- 1⁄2 cup thawed Cool Whip Topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry jell0 powder and cinnamon in a 3-4L saucepan. Add water. Bring to boil on medium-high heat, stirring frequently until jelly powder is completely dissolved.
- Peel and core apples. Add to jell0 mixture in saucepan; partially cover saucepan with lid. Return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10-15 minutes or just until apples are fork tender and gently turn apples every 5 minutes. Remove apples from liquid.
- Serve apples warm, or cool and store in tightly covered container in refrigerator at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Serve each apple topped with 2 tbsp of whipped toppping. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.