Recipe by Karen4
This is a great breakfast casserole that can be served uniquely by baking in individual servings. It's from Blemnthal's Bed and Breakfast in Texas.
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, southern style
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cooked sausage, , crumbled
- olive oil (as needed)
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons biscuit mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Grease (or use paper liners) 12 muffin tins.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Cook sausage.
- Microwave or steam-cook potatoes (do not overcook).
- Toss onions, garlic, sausage, and potatoes with cheese.
- Divide evenly into 12 tins.
- Whip eggs, egg whites, and fajita seasoning.
- Mix in other seasonings.
- Pour mixture evenly over potatoe mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Turn oven off, but let sit in oven 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Mix in yogurt and biscuit mix.