Recipe by Dana Z
This wonderful cornbread was birthed at the late, great, Bluesky Restaurant on the Oregon coast. It goes particularly well with Posole or Chili. It makes a big batch but goes quickly. You can cut the recipe in half easily. Enjoy!
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups blue cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup of melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 chopped green onion
- 4 cups of grated cheese, your choice (pepperjack and sharp cheddar are our favorites.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl till well mixed.
- Mix together all the wet ingredients but the cheese, in a large mixing bowl till a creamy consistency. Mix in the cheese one cup at a time.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just mixed.
- Pour into a 10 x 15 baking dish that has been treated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40- 45 mins or the center springs back when you touch it.