Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
This wonderful cornbread was birthed at the late, great, Bluesky Restaurant on the Oregon coast. It goes particularly well with Posole or Chili. It makes a big batch but goes quickly. You can cut the recipe in half easily. Enjoy!
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups blue cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup of melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 chopped green onion
- 4 cups of grated cheese, your choice (pepperjack and sharp cheddar are our favorites.)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl till well mixed.
- Mix together all the wet ingredients but the cheese, in a large mixing bowl till a creamy consistency. Mix in the cheese one cup at a time.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just mixed.
- Pour into a 10 x 15 baking dish that has been treated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40- 45 mins or the center springs back when you touch it.