1/2 Photos of Blue's Chews (Horse Cookies)
This is an extremely simple horse cookie that I developed for my special boy, Blue. Try them, they are so much cheaper to make than buying those ridiculously priced ones at the tack shop! As a matter of fact, you could probably even whip up a batch in the time it takes just to get there!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in a large bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- 2in a smaller bowl, combine the applesauce, honey, and molasses.
- 3pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix with a wooden spoon. (batter will be tough).
- 4if you are having trouble getting all of the ingredients to combine, add in small amounts of water and continue mixing until all of dry ingredients have been incorporated.
- 5roll batter into golfball-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- 6flatten each ball with either your hand of the bottom of a measuring cup.
- 7bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pet Food Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue's Chews (Horse Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.9
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g