Recipe by L. Duch
This is a delicious recipe in Taste of Home grilling magazine. I make up a bunch of these and freeze them. When I want burgers for dinner, all I do is thaw and grill. Saves time in prep
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 onion rolls or 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- saute mushrooms in butter and set aside.
- combine next 6 ingredients: add beef and mix well.
- Shape into thin patties.
- Sprinkle half the patties with blue cheese.
- Place remaining patties on top and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill uncovered over medium heat on each side, brushing with bbq sauce at end of cooking.
- Serve on buns and top with saute'd mushrooms.