Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fish chowder
Make and share this Bluenose Fish Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Cut fresh fillets into 3 to 4 pieces.
- In a heavy saucepan, fry pork fat until crisp.
- Remove scraps and reserve for garnish.
- Drain off fat except for 2 tbsp and cook onion until tender.
- Add potatoes, 2 cups water and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Add fish; cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Add milk slowly and heat gently but do not boil.
- Garnish with pork scraps.