Bluefish With Gin and Onions
- Lay scallions in bottom of roasting pan. Put fish, skin-side down, on top of the scallions.
- Squeeze juice from 1 lime over fish, sprinkle onion over fish, pour 6 tbl of butter over fish and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Uncover fish, transfer to broiler and broil for 15 minutes. Meanwhile squeeze juice from remaining lime in a small saucepan. Add 2 Tbl butter, gin and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove fish from broiler and pour gin mixture over the fish. Return to the broiler and broil until brown on top, about 5 minutes.
- Serve fish hot with scallions on the side.