Sondra Beth's Note:
Adapted from Nantucket's Straight Wharf Restaurant published in Wine Enthusiast Magazine. This is a great and flexible recipe. Other fish of choice can be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces bluefish fillets (4-6oz fillets of similar thickness)
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chives (minced)
- 8 slices Portuguese bread (Other artisanal bread of choice could substitute)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- 16 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 bunch arugula (small bunch leaves washed and stems trimmed)
- 2 ripe tomatoes (sliced)
- lemon pepper seasoning
- garlic mayonnaise (aoili)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat the broiler of the oven. Season the bluefish fillets with Lemon Pepper. Broil the fish 5-8 minutes or until just cooked through, sprinkle the fillets with the parsley and chives and keep warm.
- 2Toast the bread in the broiler or toaster, then drizzle each slice with a little extra virgin olive oil and rub lightly with a clove of garlic.
- 3Divide the aoili between four slices of bread. Place the bluefish fillet on the top of the aoili and fork the fish lightly to break up the flakes and cover the entire piece of bread evenly.
- 4Assemble the sandwich, layering the bacon, sliced tomato and arugula over the fish. Top with the reserved bread, pressing lightly on each sandwich. Pass the remaining Aoili.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bluefish Club Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.6
- Calories from Fat 513
- Total Fat 57.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 190.9 mg
- Sodium 895.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 55.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: