Recipe by CHRISSYG
A very healthy and delicious make ahead breakfast that everyone in your family will LOVE. It’s not too sweet, but you could adjust to your own taste if you want This reheats in the microwave for 15 seconds and it’s just like warm out of the oven. This would even be a nice summer dessert with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by WhatamIgonnaeatnext?
This is a very healthy snack or breakfast. It just wasn't sweet tasting enough for us. I didn't have the proper sized pan, so I can't say anything about the temp. or length of cooking time on the recipe. I think it needed some sugar or something else sweet in the recipe. I had fun trying it out. Thanks for the recipe. I cooked this for "New Kids on the Block" tag game.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Stir together dry ingredients in a large bowl, add the wet ingredients (minus the berries) and mix well. Allow to stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries and pour into a greased 11X7 pan (you could butter the pan or use non-stick spray) pat out with the back of a spoon or with clean hands to make an even layer, top with chopped pecans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, the top will be browned, and it’ll look moist but it’ll spring back a bit when you touch it.
- If serving right away, allow to cool a bit.