Recipe by internetnut
This came from Our Favorite Recipes Casa D'Italia Lodge #2525 Arlington, Texas. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces angel food cake mix
- 6 ounces cooked vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs blueberry pie filling
- 15 ounces blueberries, drained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Cool cake in pan.
- Combine pudding mix with milk and grated lemon rind. Cook, stirring until pudding bubbles and thickens. Cool.
- Remove cake from pan as directed on package; cut into 3 layers on serving platter. Sprinkle with 1/3 of sherry; spread with 1/3 of blueberry pie filling. Sprinkle with 1/3 of blueberries; spread with 1/3 of vanilla pudding. Repeat, using remaining 2 layers reserving last 1/3 of blueberries for garnish. Whip cream until stiff adding sugar gradually; add vanilla. Spread cream on top of cake. Decorate with remaining blueberries. Chill until ready to serve.