Recipe by MellyBelly
My family and I love zucchini bread, my husband really enjoys it made with chocolate, but I am allergic. So, I decided to put a twist on my mothers Zucchini bread recipe and add fresh blueberries and white chocolate chunks.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (white sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded and strained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup white chocolate, finely chopped or 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter (does NOT need to be softened)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred 2 cups of Zucchini, and then place in strainer with paper towles and soak up the extra water.
- In a bowl mix Eggs, baking Splenda, Brown Sugar, Oil, and Apple Sauce at low speed.
- Then combine Baking Powder, Flour, Salt, Cinnamon, and Vanilla and fold in gently, before mixing on low speed again.
- Gently fold in Zucchini, Blueberries, and white Chocolate.
- Pour or spoon mixture into 2 4x6 GREASED loaf pans.
- Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top, and cut up the 1/2 teaspoons of butter and place along the top of loaf.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes (or when inserted knife comes out clean) at 350 degrees.